Founded in 1986, FC Boston Bolts is the oldest soccer club in Massachusetts. The Club boasts a top level, professional coaching staff, recognized and respected nation-wide. Bolts players come from throughout eastern & central Massachusetts, southern New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
History & Background
Beginning with 4 girls teams, the club attracted the finest coaches and players in the Boston area, and rapidly grew to a coed club of national recognition. In 1994, the girls U19 Bolts captured the USYSA National Championship title, becoming the first and only girl’s team from Massachusetts to win the prestigious national title. In 2005, the boys U15 Bolts became the first and only Massachusetts boy’s team to win the title. In its tenure, Bolts teams have earned a spot of national prominence winning more state, regional and national cup competitions, and also other national and international showcase tournaments such as Score at the Shore, the Disney Showcase, Dallas Cup and Surf Cup, than any other Massachusetts team.
The club has been led by a series of recognized soccer figures, such as John Burrill, past Executive Director of Mass Youth Soccer; Ed Kelly, Head Men’s Coach at Boston College; John Kerr, Head Men’s Coach at Duke University; and current CEO, Brian Ainscough.
Our goal is to create the opportunity for all youth soccer players to receive exceptional training and development. This will ensure they achieve their greatest potential as a player, and use that talent as an avenue to higher education and life success. Through the development of a strong foundation in the game, Bolts players are actively recruited by collegiate, national and professional teams alike.
Bolts players play and study at some of the top colleges and universities in the country including:
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Holy Cross
- Notre Dame
- and many more…
The Bolts are proud to have a number of professional alums from the greater Boston area:
- Harry Swartz
- Northeastern University, Hartford Athletic (USLChampionship)
- Mac Steeves
- Providence College, Houston Dynamo (MLS), Hartford Athletic (USLChampionship)
- Miles Robinson
- Syracuse, US National Team, Atlanta United FC (MLS)
- Mohamed Kenawy
- UMass Boston, Cedar Rapids Rampage (MASL), US Futsal National Team, Utica City FC (MASL)
- Alex Ainscough
- Northeastern, UMF Leiknir Fáskrúdsfjördur in Iceland, Richmond Kickers (USL League One)
- Will Packwood
- Birmingham City in England, U20 US National Team
- Luke Finkelstein
- Wheaton, DJK TuS Hordel in Germany
- Charlie Davies
- US National Team, FC Sochaux-Montbeliard-Ligue 1 (FRA), Phil. Union (MLS) retired 2018
- Sheanon Williams
- U18 US National Team, North Carolina, Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS)
- Chris Tierney
- Virginia, NE Revolution (MLS), retired 2018
- Mike Fucito
- Harvard, San Jose (MLS) retired 2018
- Diego Fagundez
- NE Revolution (MLS)
- Michael Bustamante
- Boston University, NY Red Bulls (MLS), Charlotte Independence (USL), retired 2018
- Aaron Maund
- Notre Dame, U20 US National Team, Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS)
- Charlie Rugg
- Boston College, Phil Union (MLS), FK Pirmasens in Germany, retired 2018
- Sam Brill
- Boston College, NE Revolution (MLS), Sacshen Leipzip in Germany
Our Coaching Staff
Div I, II, & III college coaches, former professional players and highly accredited licensed youth coaches.
- The Bolts provide playing opportunities for ALL skill levels, from ages 5 to 19, so players can develop at their own pace and achieve their personal best. Post collegiate opportunity continues with the Bolts USL2 semi-pro team.
- We train and compete in the finest soccer leagues in the US and gain additional expertise from our European affiliate, AS Roma.